Welcome! Welcome!

This is a honest blog dealing with everyday issues. If there are any problems with any of the presented comments or blogs, feel free to comment, but don't be a total schmuck. If you have a problem and disagree with what I blog about, just feel free to stop reading it, instead of wasting your breath.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Better Days Ahead

I did it! So far, I've completed 75% of the journey! I finally came out of the closet to all of my siblings. They were all pretty supportive. Some more than others. 3 of them were awesome and totally supportive. But the eldest seemed kind of ok, but not ok with it. My younger sister, Trice, is the youngest and the sister I'm closest to, she has known (that I'm bi) for a long time, and from what I could tell she was fine with it. And although I always noticed certain signs that she had some problems with it, I just thought they were little issues. Of course, I am not asking everyone to just accept it, and I understand some people need time, but she said she was fine with it. So when I told her I was coming out to the rest of the sibs, she said she was going to have my back and offer total support, but she didn't. She kind of make it about her and she started to act like she couldn't be in my corner. So there I was, sad because I really had no one else at that moment, so although it was rewarding in the end, it was also kind of sad. But I have to learn to not rely on her for certain things. I think I need to make new friends who are more accepting and caring about where I'm coming from, because this is not an easy process for me to go through. It's really not.

-KO

No comments:

Post a Comment